Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Earthly Pleasures or Heavenly Treasures

(This one hit me super hard and I need this just as much as anyone! And I know I've talked about it some before, but evidently God was laying it on my heart again, as I have not quite gotten in through my silly human mind) I always have these vivid dreams! I don't know if its what I eat or what time of day that I eat, or my weird imagination on overdrive, but last night I had a doozy of a dream! I was outside with my mother, and we got caught in a massive rainstorm! We were laughing about it and ran inside. The next thing I know, it's pitch dark outside. I go outside with my mom and she's just standing there and I saw that there were stars out too, and I said "mom, why is it dark out!?" She said "it just got dark, it's night time!" I said, "No Mom! It's 3 in the afternoon! It's not possible!" Then I saw a very dark orange sun start to literally flash on and off in the sky, it was gradually getting brighter and brighter. It was extremely eerie! Then there was an earth shaking explosion and I had a computer screen in front of me that said "the earth will be destroyed in ... Then it had a time, and I didn't get to read it but I knew it was soon! Then the power everywhere went out! I felt as though I had to pray with my family urgently! The power came back on and things returned to normal. I was frantically still trying to tell my family we needed to pray together! My mom was saying "You need to shower and call your job!" My dad was in the kitchen saying "The world is not going to be destroyed!" And in my head in the dream I knew that's not how God had the end planned, I was still thinking "well, maybe the rapture will happen soon!" And I just kept saying "we need to pray! We need to pray! Get my brothers on the phone, because we need to pray!" The next thing I know my oldest brother is at the house saying "let me take a shower first!" And then runs off. I call my other brother and he is talking about getting a new job. Everyone was distracted and so I was frustrated, but instead of praying myself, I got on Google and Facebook trying to see if anyone else saw what I had seen. Officially we were all distracted! Then I woke up from my dream.

When I woke, I was saddened at the thought of my dream! The Lord has told us that He will return for His church, but didn't give us a time or day.(John 14:3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."& Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." No "End of the World!!!" Movie or publication or dream will tell us when this will happen. Yet, it's going to happen, and we need to be prepared! Even if its not in our lifetime, we need to be busy about our Fathers work! We were put here for a purpose, and we need to be aiming to achieve that purpose! (Matthew 28:19-20 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.") We don't know how long we have left on this earth! (And no new watch technology or internet website will tell us when we will die, our Father in heaven is the ONLY one who knows and needs to know!) Still we need to be living each day as the last we have! No, not to gain worldly pleasure before we die, but to gain heavenly treasure! There are souls that need saving, and a relationship to build further with God! Brother Ricky (the man who teaches Sunday School for us) has told us this story several times, "I always ask my wife to come sit with me and she says 'okay, let me put your laundry in' and she does that. Then I tell her again to come sit with me and spend time with me! She says 'let me do the dishes first!' And then I get so frustrated and she gets frustrated because she's doing it all for me, but she's not spending time with me, which is what I really want. We are often doing busy work for The Lord, but we need that solid relationship with Him, too!" And it always hits me twofold! As a wife, I am guilty of this, and I'm also guilty of doing the opposite, spending all my time with my husband and neglecting the work that needs to be done for him, and that is no good either, but that time with him is super important and the laundry and dishes, while still important, can wait for a little bit while I build a relationship with my husband! The same goes for our time with God. We have to have a good solid relationship with Him first, then we need to build relationships and share God with others, and THEN our last priorities are cleaning the church and stuff like that which is important, but not AS important. All the earthly pleasure time is no good! We mustn't let the world distract us from doing what we need to in our relationship and work for God. (I Peter 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:") Yes, you need to take time to rest and relax, so that you can keep going strong, but still in that time you should be building that relationship with God through continual prayer and meditation! (I Thess. 5:7 "Pray without ceasing.") And there's nothing wrong with having a good time, as long as it's glorifying and honoring to God.(Col. 3:17 "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.") Earthly pleasures are as temporary as your short time on earth. Heavenly treasure is permanent and will last all eternity! (Phil. 1:21 "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain") We should strive to live our lives as if every day was our last and as if tomorrow we would be standing before God's throne for judgement. Are you building earthly pleasures or heavenly treasures today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate